Wednesday 20 June 2012

Lumi MAGIQUE ?

I really am finding it difficult to find a foundation or any type of base that I'm completely satisfied with. The closet I've come to is Bourjois's Healthy Mix, so your thinking why not use that ?
When I see girls with 'dewy' looking skin I always think they look so healthy, natural and radiant. As someone who gravitates to matt finishes I thought I'd give L'Oreal's latest release a go to see if I could sport the look. 
The LumiMagique foundation claims to 'infuse skin with rays of light, illuminating complexion as if lit-from-within'. L'Oreal have also released other products to go along side its newest foundation to perfect the dewy, healthy finish. 
Admittedly the packaging is what swayed my decision to purchase the foundation more - I love everything about it, especially that its a glass bottle and that it has a rose gold pump - it just makes it look a bit more expensiveThe shade range however is not the greatest, and doesn't really accommodate for darker skin tones which is a big let down! 
Shades: Rose Beige, Rose Sand, Gold Linen, Pure Beige, Rose Pearl, Gold Sand.
The one annoyance I have with 'drugstore' foundations is finding the right shade. There's no one to help you, the artificial lighting doesn't help and I don't always feel confident to go out without make-up to starting testing foundations on my face! I definitely champion investing in a 'high end' foundation.

Khila aka MissBudgetBeauty has described the LumiMagique to being similar to Nars Sheer Glow. She also said that if you don't like the LumiMagique you won't like the Sheer Glow so rather than wasting £29.50 I settled for spending £10.99 to see if I liked the drugstore equivalent. I much prefer this price, especially because you get the same amount of product(30ml)as Nars's Cult Foundation.
Have you tried Nars Sheer Glow & L'Oreal's LumiMagique ? How do you compare them ? 

So like I said the shade range isn't the greatest and although I was lucky to find a shade I could work with (C5 Rose Sand) its not a complete perfect match. Had I chosen the next shade up that would have been too dark for me but hey we can't always win! The base on the other hand has a super light formulation that goes on the skin effortlessly. I've found it goes on best with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush as it gives you a flawless and natural finish, however recently I've much preferred using my fingers for application.  

I would describe the coverage as light to medium however as I've never tried to build it up I can't say wether it would be a good foundation for those who like a more heavy coverage. I'm more partial to saying that 'heavy coverage' lovers wouldn't get on too well with this one. When I wear this foundation, it feels like a second skin which is a must have in a foundation, for me personally. I hate anything that settles on the skin and looks cakey ... it's just not a good look!
As for smell, its a pleasant grown up 'lady like' scent but to be honest the smell of a foundation doesn't bother me too much unless its really, really bad. Although I like a light-weight foundation, with the LumiMagique you still need a concealer to cover up any blemishes or dark circles under the eyes and a good powder is essential to set it.

 Despite using the Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer and the foundation looking nice in the Mornings, I've found that the LumiMagique doesn't last a full working day and by the time I've got Home I have a really shiny t-zone, the foundation seems to have collected around my nose, my face looks patchy and my skin in general looks quite ashy. 


Despite using the Smashbox Photo Finish Luminizing Foundation Primer and the foundation looking nice in the Mornings, I've found that the LumiMagique doesn't last a full working day and by the time I've got Home I have a really shiny t-zone, the foundation seems to have collected around my nose, my face looks patchy and my skin in general looks quite ashy.

I will continue to use this foundation till it's finished but repurchasing it will be highly unlikely. In order to find a perfect match I would have to buy at least two different shades and mix them so I may as well splurge on a 'high end' foundation, right? The lasting power is poor and the love / hate relationship I have with this foundation confirms I'm just not sure about this product! I appreciate the effort L'Oreal have made with this foundation and the other products that coincide with it but for me I wasn't completely satisfied, and I definitely won't be wasting money on the Sheer Glow foundation now!

Has anyone tried this foundation? Did you think it was 
(Lumi) MagiqueI'm waiting for YSL to release their Touche elat Foundation to see if this will suit me better. My ultimate foundation has got to be out there somewhere! 

16 comments:

  1. Great post hun, i'm also after the perfect foundation. What i do is ask for samples that way i can see what works what doesn't. So far i'm swaying towards the Etee Lauder double wear light i have heard Max Factor have a dupe for it so i may try that first.

    Good luck with the search for the right foundation Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried the Estee Lauder double wear light but I still found that it was too heavy for my skin and also it looked like you were wearing foundation. As soon as the YSL one comes out I'm going to try and x

      Delete
  2. I had a sample of this is pure beige and it wasn't warm toned enough for me but I actually liked it on my skin, it lasted about 10 hours before looking shiny! I think I'm going to buy it in gold linen. I'm used to full coverage foundations but I can cope with this if I use lots of concealer!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the shades are good for those with light skin tones, I just about got a colour that I could work with but its still too light and it really looks ashy. x

      Delete
  3. I love TrueMatch, not sure about this one, I really appreciate your review!

    Thank you! Brilliant post

    Hope you check out my blog

    http://lipglossandcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    Gem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thank you? I think I'm done with drugstore foundation (well not completely) . I think if I bought a high end foundation I would be colour matched properly and I would have someone to give me advice.
      I'll check your blog out hun xx

      Delete
  4. very intereting blog, of course dear, i'm your new follower :3 ;*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always wanted to try the nars sheer glow, was about to buy it but ended upgetting the laura mercier foundation xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the Laura Mercier Foundation good? I'm in a rut about what foundation to buy. I'm not happy with this foundation, so I'm hitting Selfridges for a foundation hunt down lol x

      Delete
  6. Lovely blog! I really appreciate good foundation swatches!

    From your newest follower,

    --The Beauty Professor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will definitely be checking out your blog xx

      Delete
  7. Amazing blog dear!!!!
    Now, I'm your new follower... follow me back ;-)
    A big kiss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x I'll be your new follower xx

      Delete
  8. you look so cuute and your blog is very interesting :)

    http://cheesypeasy.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I'll be sure to check your blog out and follow xx

      Delete

Thank you for the taking the time to follow my blog. All comments are much appreciated and I hope to get back to each and everyone of them. If you, yourself have a blog, please leave the link for it down in the comments section so I can have a look. x