Sunday 13 October 2013

Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser spf 20. oil free

Before I have a proper rant, I have to say I really hate this product & I hate it even more because its so darn expensive at £33. I heard such good things about the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser & it looked so good on the make-up artist at the counter I couldn't resist buying it. Since my interest for make-up has grown & extended I have always vowed to consider the choice of base products very carefully, no expense spared etc. 

Blurb: Perfect for all skin types, Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturiser spf20 provides oil free protection from harmful and damaging rats of the sun. This unique formula helps to control oil breakthrough while providing hydration to prevent dryness
This Tinted Moisturiser is just not for me - I've given it a fair trial but I can't use it anymore. FIRST of the shade is too dark - I look like an umpa-lumpa & that's no exaggeration. When I got colour matched the shade below was too light, & the shade above was too dark. I almost wish I went for the lighter shade that way I could of blended it down my neck & added bronzer & blusher to add colour back into my face.

Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser comes in 15 different shades. The shade I was matched up to was Tan.
Despite this being an oil free product, I found my skin produced more oil that it normally does & by the end of the day my complexion looked patchy & uneven. From the minute of application I want to scrub it off my face, its that BAD! I've never regretted buying a product so much. 

I like a light to medium coverage, if I have a few blemishes I don't mind them being exposed but if your looking to cover acne or heavy areas of blemishes then this product is poor in my opinion. You would most certainly need a heavy duty concealer as this watery consistent product is not going to cut the mustard. 

One positive I have to say, is that the packaging is lovely, its slim and compact - perfect for traveling and contains 50ml of product so you get a fair amount. Its in tube format so its easy to control how much product you use & it also makes it hygiene friendly. But nice packaging is just not enough if the product is pants !
I still think £33 is a lot for this product, especially because I didn't have a good experience with it, but I do think because of all the skin technology and benefits it has for your skin that maybe that's why it has such a high price point. There are a wide range of tinted moisturisers and BB creams on the market that would work better & are more affordable - if you still fancy trying the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser ask for a sample first before splashing out on the full size. 
                
Mainly the shade I was matched up to was a big let down, but it just didn't do anything magical for my skin, I felt uncomfortable wearing it & thats a big sign that something in the product is just not working. I must be the only one that doesn't like it because all the reviews I've seen have been positive, but not every product is going to suit everyone is it ? 

What are your thoughts? Have your tried this tinted moisturiser? Love it? Loathe it? Let me know in the comments below.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the taking the time to follow my blog. All comments are much appreciated and I hope to get back to each and everyone of them. If you, yourself have a blog, please leave the link for it down in the comments section so I can have a look. x