Sunday 10 March 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation: First Thoughts

So ever since it launched in the UK I've seen endless reviews on, Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation. Its had comparisons to Nars Sheer Glow foundation & Urban Decay's Naked Skin Weightless Ultra  Definition Liquid make-up...it just looks like everyone wants to get naked!

The only other foundation I have tried from Revlon is their Photo Ready Foundation and although that gave great coverage it was just too heavy for my skin so its great that Revlon have launched a light-weight foundation to add to their make-up line.
First of lets address the pump situation or the 'no pump' situation. It really frustrates me that there's no pump! Not only is it difficult to pour out the right amount of foundation but it really makes the bottle dirty and you end up wasting product. 

Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation(230 Nutmeg)- £8.99
Back to the actual foundation. Revlon claim that this foundation gives an 'unbelievable light' and 'undetectable' finish, and I really do think it looks natural on the skin. The consistency is very light-weight and gives a light to medium finish so if your looking to cover blemishes big time, I think this foundation may not be for you. 
I'm normally not one for sporting the dewy look because it can sometimes look like I have a greasy face, however this foundation gives you the dewy look without the shine so thats a massive plus in my books. The way I apply this foundation is with my fingers as I find the application is much better. I have tried to use  brushes(several) however I find that the foundation is left looking streaky and uneven. 
Natural Tan, Vanilla, Ivory, Shell,  Nutmeg, Cappuccino, Natural Beige, Nude, True Beige, Caramel
I was quite lucky that I could find a shade I could work with. However girls with darker skin tones than mine may find it difficult to find a shade suitable for them. The colour range isn't the greatest, but then again drugstore shades are never the best, or for the most part anyway!
This foundation lasts well on the skin well, at least for a full days work, which is one of the things I look for in a foundation (it's key). I get the occasional shiny t-zone but this happens with all base products I use - it's just the way my skin is. Despite the situation with the 'no pump' I actually like the packaging and I definitely think this is one of the best foundations out there at the moment if your looking for a light-weight, natural looking base product.

Have you tried this foundation out? What do you think? Like it? Don't like it? Let me know your thoughts. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After using this foundation more, I have had to stop using it. The shade is far too dark for my skin tone. I could probably finding a match by mixing shades but that means paying twice for the same foundation. I still like the light-weight consistency and consider it to be one of the better foundations in the drugstore / on the high street.x

      Delete

Thank you for the taking the time to follow my blog. All comments are much appreciated and I hope to get back to each and everyone of them. If you, yourself have a blog, please leave the link for it down in the comments section so I can have a look. x