Sunday 20 May 2012

L' Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks

A couple of weeks ago I wrote a 'mini' review on the Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butters ,I wasn't too impressed with the results however I couldn't make the comparison between the Lip Butters and the L'Oreal Rouge Caresse Lipsticks as I was yet to purchase some. Having now experienced the Caresse Lipstick I thought I would share my views on the product in the form of this 'mini' review  ...
Colour's Available:
Electric Fuchsia, Prismatic Pink, Metallic Coral, 
Cheeky Magenta, Fashionista Pink, Lovely Rose, 
Aphrodite Scarlet, Nude Ingenue, Tempting Lilac, 
Sweet Berry, Fuchsia, Dating Coral, Rebel Red 
Unlike the Revlon Lip Butters the L'Oreal Caresse Lipsticks give you a nice 'wash' of colour across the lips as opposed to a full on colour. It's good for days when your at home or not doing much and just want a quick, effortlessly pop of colour. Admittedly I gravitate to lipsticks and love a matt finish to my lips, I've never ever been into 'glossy' finish products but I've quickly fallen in love with the Caresse Lipsticks and I will definitely be exploring the other colour's within the range.
My experience of the Lip Butters was that they had quite a sticky formulation and a mirror was essential for application, you had to work a lot more with the colour but it did leave a nice stain of colour as it wore off during the day. 
Top swatch: Revlon Lip Butter is Rapsberry Pie.
Bottom swatch: L'Oreal Caresse Lipstick in Aphrodite Scarlet. 
The Caresse Lipsticks on the other hand are totally opposite, you can effortlessly apply the colour without a mirror and the formulation is more of a tinted lip balm so it instantly gives your lips moisture and hydration however I do feel that they can sometimes feel a little bit greasy... but that maybe because I'm not use to the texture?
The packaging of the Caresse Lipstick's is 100% better than the Revlon Lip Butters. I feel the packaging of the Lip Butters are a cheap imitation of the Chanel 'quilted' pattern...does anyone else agree ? In all honesty though if the product is good I can always forgive the packaging. 

Both products are the same price at £7.99 but I would much prefer to spend my £7.99 on the Caresse Lipsticks. I feel I wasted money on my Revlon Lip Butter but thankfully I didn't go mad and buy all the shades !!! I highly recommend the Caress Lipsticks and definitely favor them over the Lip Butters .

Which do you prefer ? 

12 comments:

  1. great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice review and lovely color Anika.. and thanks for visiting and following..:)
    I am following u too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun. Have you tried the Caresse lipsticks?

      Delete
  3. Wow the color is beautiful, Anika! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously want to try the caresse lipsticks now! Awesome review! :D
    Btw, love your blog, following you now :)


    www.chpdzn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You hun. Definitely try the Caresse lipsticks - there totally different from the lip butters by Revlon x

      Delete
  5. Hi, I just did a really fun get to know me TAG, and I TAG you to do it! :)
    Check out the link below to find the rules and my questions for you!

    http://beautybydm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/get-to-know-me-tag.html


    P.s. Gorgeous blog btw! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, I will have a look at it. Keep going with your Channel , your doing great x

      Delete
  6. Hey hun hope your okay :) Love the review and the colour looks gorgeous on you.. I will have to check these out, as much as i was raving about the lip butters- i dont tend to reach for them that much.. And really want something thats effortless to put on so think these will be perfect xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I've not been using the Caresse or the Butters for a while but if I had to choose I would naturally gravitate towards the Caresse lipsticks - just a nicer finish in my opinion x

      Delete

Thank you for the taking the time to follow my blog. All comments are much appreciated and I hope to get back to each and everyone of them. If you, yourself have a blog, please leave the link for it down in the comments section so I can have a look. x